My Dad Means Everything To Me

My dad means everything to me. He is my source of inspiration who motivates me to keep moving even in the harshest situations I encounter in life. He is always here and there for me to support me morally and financially, my dad has never let me down. I was raised like a prince in the kingdom of my family. Both my mum and my dad gave me unparalleled care and affection.
Being the first born baby of my family, I enjoyed absolute immunity and privileges of that title. When I was 5 years old my father has sent me to a Madrasah for Quranic studies. Unfortunately, after a couple of months, a bloody civil war that erupted in Mogadishu had forced us to move to a village out of the capital city. This has interrupted my studies and helped me experience countryside life though I was too young.
At the age of 6, we returned to Mogadishu after one year of being away from hometown. My mother quite didn’t like the idea of returning to Mogadishu, but actually it abled me kick start my endless journey of seeking knowledge. I had re-started my Quranic studies at another local Madrasah and remained there until I completed my Quranic studies. My father, as always, used to help me learn vividly as he was well-versed in Islamic knowledge. 
As I close a chapter in my educational journey, another one starts. That was how my father planned for me. The first day of primary school was amazing, I was so excited to wear school uniform like the rest of OLD girls whom I was used to see them in my neighborhoods going to schools. My dad kissed me on my forehead while mum was dressing me neatly; he took me to the school for the first day. When I come back home from school he used to help me revising the lessons taken.
While in my primary school, my father was also teaching me the basics of Islamic studies at home. In addition, he let me to go to a near private school for learning different subjects such as Somali, Arabic and Mathematics. It was literally hectic days; going still to the Madrasah, going school, learning extra courses at home and moreover helping Mom. But I was strong enough and I have managed all of that. I have been convinced by my mind that my dad is indeed preparing me for the future’s struggle. Momentarily, I am enough aware of my religion’s commandments and I climbed the utmost challenges of my further studies.
Frankly, dad has been more than just a father who has brought me into this world. He wasn’t also just a breadwinner but the greatest influencer of my both physical and mental growth. He sacrificed many luxuries in order to give me and my siblings the best life possible, and it is because of him I am who I am today. Having him in my life is one of the greatest favor and grace of Allah.
Throughout my high school, my father never paid a penny as part of my school fees. I got scholarship from my school after I finished every high school class with the highest marks in the class. In 2012, I joined SIMAD University and started my Bachelor’s degree with high hope and aspirations. Luckily, in my second semester I won a merit based scholarship form Horn of Africa Aid, an Islamic humanitarian organization that supports less privileged communities in Africa. I graduated from SIMAD University in 2016 with distinction. Throughout my educational life, my father was with me in every step motivating me to keep going and helping me succeed in life. Currently, my parents and I live in three different countries, but their spirit and love are always with me. It was them who inspire me and made possible for me to come to this country, South Africa, and pursue my higher studies.
My dad is my hero, I love him so much!

Comments